The end of the growing season doesn’t mean the end of our local farms’ products! Area producers still have a variety of products available, including food for your holiday tables and handmade gift items.
Locally produced food products, including holiday meats and treats
- Burnt Valley Farm – Pete & Joan Thompson: beef, chicken, eggs, pork (509-935-8141, firstname.lastname@example.org, available at Chewelah Park Tues. 2-5 p.m. through fall)
- Dreamswept Farm – Tamea Denault: lamb (509-738-2077; email@example.com)
- Front Porch Farm – Acheson Family: beef (509-684-6226, firstname.lastname@example.org, farm store with antiques, vintage items, and other gifts open through Dec. 20, Tues.-Sat. 10 a.m.-6 p.m. at 896 Hwy. 395 S. Arden)
- The Goat Farm – Wayne & Jenny Konz : honey, organic sour cherry/plum jams & syrups, eggs, organic dried parsley, goat milk fudge (509-954-4452; email@example.com)
- Olsen Farms/Smokey Ridge Meats – Brent & Kira Olsen: holiday hams, roasts, beef, lamb, pork, potatoes (509-685-1548, Smokey Ridge 509-935-6213, firstname.lastname@example.org, Smokey Ridge Meats open Mon.- Sat. at 2450 Heine Rd., Chewelah)
- Pure Honey – Doug Johnson: honey (509-768-5334, email@example.com)
- Rainbow Honey – Matt & Diane: honey, walnuts (509-732-6246)
- Red Bridge Farm – Brad & Bekah Murphy, Andrew & Brittanie Kumor: chicken, eggs, locally roasted coffee, gift certificates (509-684-3112, firstname.lastname@example.org, farm store open Wed. & Sat. 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at 587 Douglas Falls Rd., Colville)
- Simple Gifts Farm – Andrew & Celeste Engell: onions, winter squash (509-675-2290, simplegiftsfarm.net)
- Summer Harvest LLC – Annje & Ryan Esvelt: wheat flour, packaged baking mixes, wheat berries (509-738-4859, summerharvestLLC@gmail.com).
Handcrafted gifts, locally made
- Simple Gifts Farm – Andrew & Celeste Engell: all natural body care products (simplegiftsfarm.net/product-category/body-care/)
- Red Bridge Farm – Bekah Murphy: scented soy wood wick candles (509-684-3112, Facebook message via www.facebook.com/theredbridgefarm, farm store Wed. & Sat. 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at 587 Douglas Falls Rd., Colville)
- Pure Honey – Doug Johnson: beeswax (509-768-5334, email@example.com)
- Homesteader Chic – Jim & Adele Noetzelman: unique gifts with country and farm themes (www.etsy.com/shop/HomesteaderChic, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The Goat Farm – Wayne & Jenny Konz: horseshoe art, goat/cow hides, goat milk & honey soap 509-954-4452; email@example.com)
- First Class Monograms – Bethany Dasko: personalized phone cases, luggage tags (firstclassmonograms.com)
- Chewelah Creek Soap Company – Kyra Rolstad & Aubrey Markel: natural soaps (509-630-1644, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Another gift idea is a subscription for a 2015 CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) share. Each CSA member will receive a box of fresh local produce and other products on a regular basis throughout the growing season.
CSAs are available from:
- Front Porch Farm (Arden pickup–509-684-6226, email@example.com)
- Winniford Family Farm (Kettle Falls pickup–509-738-7301, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Both farms are now accepting CSA subscriptions.
Read more about these producers and products at http://communityagcenter.org/locally-farm-fresh-fall-and-winter-2014-2015. Local food products can also be found at the following retail locations and restaurants: Front Porch Farm store (open through December 20), Meyers Falls Market, Smokey Ridge Meats, China Bend Winery, Lovitt Restaurant, Our Daily Bread Cafe.
More than 40 local farms and their products are listed in the printed 2014 Farm to Table Buying Guide and online at http://communityagcenter.org/where-to-buy/guide. CADC will publish an updated 2015 version of the farm guide in the spring.
The Community Agriculture Development Center (CADC), a nonprofit organization based in Colville, supports producers, informs consumers, and facilitates processing and distribution of local agricultural products in Northeast Washington. Contact email@example.com.